The following special programs will be held during the month of June at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• Read off Your Fines!: May 26 – August 19. This year, the Read Off Your Fines campaign will be held in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program. Participants will be able to deduct $1.00 from their fines for every 15 minutes spent reading a book of their choice in the library and also use those minutes toward earning incentives in the Summer Reading Program.
• June 14: Summer Reading Program 2017: Reading by Design, 2:00 p.m. Kick off Reading by Design with Winters’ very own Jose Valadez of RISE Inc. and Jose Fierro of NewCultureCo. Learn how to draw music beats and discover the magic behind blending songs and sounds together using turntables. Read more here.
• June 21: Rocks Rock and Painter’s Paradise, 2:00 p.m. Make a mess with friends as you create art projects using a variety of materials. Paint a rock creature or create your own pet rock! Stay to learn about the geology of rocks and about famous rocks around the world.
• June 28: Simply Machines, 2:00 p.m. Explorit Science Center presents this program where you can discover and experiment with the six main types of simple machines while exploring the physics of motion.
The following ongoing programs continue in June:
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentos/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m. All movies are ‘Family Friendly’ (rated G or PG). Call the library for the title at (530) 795-4955.
NOTICE: The Winters Community Library will revert to the following School Break Schedule from May 22 through August 20:
• Mondays and Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Fridays and Saturdays: 1:00 pm. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sundays: Closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.
Leave a Reply