• June is Pride Month! Join us to recognize, celebrate, and support the LGBTQ+ community, history, and culture. Pride month commemorates the 1969 Stonewall riots in New York and the history of gay rights and related civil rights movements. Check out our book display and bibliography.
• Summer Reading Program 2018: Reading Takes You Everywhere: May 20 – August 18: Sign up and get a free book! Choose your summer challenge: read 10 books, or read for 10 hours, or read for 10 days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long.
• Read off Your Fines: May 20 – August 18: The Read Off Your Fines campaign will be held in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program. Young adults and children (ages 17 and under) will be able to deduct $1.00 from their fines for every 15 minutes spent reading a book of their choice in the library and also use those minutes toward earning incentives in the Summer Reading Program.
• June 6: Maker Box: Slime Time, 2:00 p.m. Come to the library and make slime out of simple ingredients. Design your own slime by adding craft materials such as glitter, jewels and more.
• June 12: Cowgirl Tricks, 4:00 p.m. Rootin’ tootin’ cowgirl trick roping. Fun family program.
• June 20: Remix with DJ Tutti V, 2:00 p.m. Learn the magic behind blending songs and sounds together using turntables with Jose Vasquez and draw to the beat.
• June 27: Virtual Reality (Teen Program), 2:00 p.m. Have a virtual reality experience at the library: destroy robots and travel the world without spending a fortune.
The following ongoing programs continue in June:
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m.
• Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 4:00 p.m.
• Libros y Chisme: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Cursos de Ingles: Jueves a las 6:00 p.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
NOTICES: The Winters Community Library will be on the following School Break Schedule from
May 20 through August 20:
• Mondays and Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Fridays and Saturdays: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sundays: Closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events), or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/