The following special programs will be held during the month of May at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM): Join us in celebrating the achievements and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States. Check out our book display!
• May 20 – August 18: Summer Reading Program 2018: Reading Takes You Everywhere! Sign up and get a free book! Choose your summer challenge: Read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read for 10 days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long.
Ballot Drop Off at Libraries for June 5th Election
The Yolo County Elections office is partnering with Yolo County Library and the Woodland Public Library to provide ballot drop-off locations for the upcoming June 5th Primary Election. Ballot boxes at the libraries will offer residents who vote by mail a location to drop off their completed ballot without needing to put the ballot in the mail. Ballot boxes will be managed by the Yolo County Elections staff.
Library Ballot Boxes will be available at the Woodland Public Library, as well as the Arthur F. Turner Community Library in West Sacramento, Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, Winters Community Library and Esparto Regional Library. Voters can drop off their completed ballots beginning May 11th after 3:00 p.m., and can do so until Friday, June 1 at 12:00 p.m. Ballot boxes will be available for drop-off when the libraries are open to the public during this timeframe. Ballot boxes will be located at the service desks at each library.
Library ballot boxes offer the community a convenient and secure way to return their ballots without having to pay for postage on their ballot. In this election the ballot is two pages, and will require two first-class stamps. Thus, for some, the ballot boxes are an affordable and convenient solution to postage. Library staff will have limited information about the election, voting, and voter registration. If you have a question about any matters pertaining to the election itself, please contact the Yolo County Elections office.
For more information from Yolo County Elections visit: www.yoloelections.org or call (530) 666-8133. Connect with Yolo County ACE- Assessor/Clerk-Recorder/
Yolo County Library connects people and ideas. For more information about Yolo County Library locations or hours of operation, visit us online at yolocountylibrary.org or find us on Facebook. The Woodland Public Library fosters lifelong learning by providing resources to explore, learn, create, and connect. For information about the Woodland Public Library, visit our webpage at cityofwoodland.org/library or find us on Facebook.
The following ongoing programs continue in May:
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m.
• Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 4:00 p.m.
• Libros y Chisme: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Cursos de Ingles: Jueves a las 6:00 p.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
Take Note – Hours Changes:
NOTICES: All Yolo County Library branches will be closed on May 28, in observance of Memorial Day. The Winters Community Library will revert to the following School Break Schedule from May 21 through August 20:
• Mondays and Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Fridays and Saturdays: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sundays: Closed
Yolo County Library connects people and ideas. For more information about Yolo County Library locations or hours of operation, visit us online at yolocountylibrary.org or find us on Facebook. Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events), or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/