Winters Friends of the Library invites everyone to learn how to create beautiful cakes and desserts while having fun with the whole family. They will host a free online demonstration and talk on CAKE DECORATING WITH KIDS on Wednesday, May 19 at 7:00 p.m.
Crystal Apilado, editor in chief of the Winters Express, enjoys baking desserts in her spare time. In 2015, she started taking cake decorating classes to try and save money on birthday cakes for her five (now six) children. She has since found cake decorating to be a creative outlet and loves to share the hobby with her children.
During the online program, Crystal and her daughters will share their tips, tricks, and favorite cake creations with participants. They will:
- Show how to do two basic cake decorating techniques.
- Discuss their challenges and what they enjoy most.
- Share photos of their favorite cake creations.
- Share information about where they get their supplies.
- Answer participants’ questions.
This Zoom talk is the third in a new series, “WFoL Wednesdays,” which features virtual programs with a local focus on the third Wednesday of each month.