It’s no trick. Treat the family with the following special programs held during the month of October at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• Through October 15: Latinx Heritage Month. Learn about the histories, cultures, and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America with our bibliography and display.
• October 2: 3D Printer Maker Lab, 2:00 p.m. Join us for hands-on learning with design using a 3D printer. For ages 10 and up.
• October 7-13: Teen Read Week. Check the library for activities and displays related to this year’s theme, “It’s Written in the Stars…READ.”
• October 11: WWI Series Part 4: Lest We Forget: The Road to Peace, 6:00 p.m. Come learn the story of, and commemorate, all those from the Winters area who served, both at home and abroad, in the “War to End All Wars.”
• October 23, 30 and November 6: Yolo Shorts Workshop, 5:00 p.m. Explore new technology at our first GoPro Movie Weekly Workshop and Festival, open to all library card holders. Sign up to borrow one of our GoPro Cameras to shoot and edit your very own short! Camera check outs will be available daily, from October 19 through November 9.
• October 28 to November 3: Halloween Costume Contest. Join us in celebrating our 7th anniversary on Facebook by participating in this annual event. Post your own costume picture on the Yolo County Library Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
The following ongoing programs continue in October:
NOTICE: On October 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. due to an all staff meeting.
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/