Cool programs continue during the month of August at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters. Please join us:
• Summer Reading Program 2018: Reading Takes You Everywhere, May 20 – August 18: Sign up and get a free book! Choose your summer challenge: read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read for 10 days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long. (All game boards must be turned in by August 18 to participate in the prize drawing.)
• Read off Your Fines, May 20 – August 18: The Read Off Your Fines campaign will be held in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program. Young adults and children (ages 17 and under) will be able to deduct $1.00 from their fines for every 15 minutes spent reading a book of their choice in the library and also use those minutes toward earning incentives in the Summer Reading Program.
• August 1: Art and Turntables Remix, 2:00 p.m. Celebrate the end of the Summer Reading Program with light refreshments and groovy tunes. Learn the magic behind blending songs and sounds together using turntables with Jose Vasquez.
• August 29: Car Seat Safety Class (in English), 11:00 a.m. Please join us for this free half-hour workshop offered by the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency, Car Seat Safety Program.
• August 30: Car Seat Safety Class (in Spanish), 7:00 p.m. Please join us for this free half-hour workshop offered by the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency, Car Seat Safety Program.
The following ongoing programs continue in August:
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. (Resumes August 28).
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 4:00 p.m.
• Libros y Chisme: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Cursos de Ingles: Jueves a las 6:00 p.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. (Starts at 2:00 p.m. beginning August 8.)
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
NOTICES: The Winters Community Library will be on the following School Break Schedule through August 19:
• Mondays and Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Fridays and Saturdays: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sundays: Closed
The following extended School Hours Schedule will resume August 20:
• Mondays and Wednesdays: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Saturdays: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sundays: Closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events), or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/