Winters Friends of the Library (WFoL) support helps our Winters Community Library give people free access to information, technology, the internet, and provides a non-commercial space to gather, learn, and find opportunities for their future.
Annually WFoL provides at least:
- $10,000 to support and enhance library operations
- $5,000 to purchase library materials
- $2,500 to support library programs
- $2,000 to enhance technology
Additional funds are donated for needs identified by library staff which can include landscaping, building improvements, and support for new programs.
Our Winters Community Library is an important resource for all members of the community. For example, here is data from 2013:
- 79% of Winters community members have library cards
- Over 100,000 visits to our library
- 17,517 internet sessions logged on 14 public terminals
Most of the Winters Friends of the Library programs and events are delivered to meet community needs without cost to the public. Our volunteers donate their time to fund our programs, events, and library support through donations, membership dues, and fundraising. Our primary fundraising activities include our annual Tree Sale, Membership, and the Big Day of Giving Campaign.
Public libraries are communication hubs which connect people, places, and ideas to build stronger communities and better futures.
Our library is so well used that furniture expected to last 10 years needed replacing after only 5 years!