Help make our library and community stronger.
What is Big Day of Giving?
Big Day of Giving is a 24-hour online giving challenge that brings together the region’s nonprofit community to help raise much needed funds and highlight the work nonprofits do to make the Sacramento region the place we call home.
When is Big Day of Giving?
In 2020, Big Day of Giving is on Thursday, May 7.
Why is this day of fundraising so important?
Participating in Big Day of Giving gives our small, volunteer-run non-profit access to support and training beyond our own resources.
The Winters Friends of the Library(WFoL) collaborates with local business and groups to showcase our programs, volunteers, and donors who support lifelong learning and the Winters Community Library.
WFoL raises critical dollars in this 24-hour period and builds awareness and support for creating impactful opportunities to support our library, literacy, and community programs.
How does WFoL help our community?
Since 1985 the Winters Friends of the Library has worked to support our library and lifelong learning opportunities for all members of our community. WFoL has:
- helped build a new library.
- supported access to technology, the actual computers and laptops, or better broadband to make it easier for people to connect and engage with resources when our library is open, and beyond library walls after hours. Have you seen the parking lot on evenings and weekends? For many people, free wifi access is crucial for their ability to apply for jobs, college, or access information they need to improve their lives.
- provided programs that help people engage with books, reading, cultural events, and creative ways to begin or continue learning for all ages.
- helped people engage with volunteering opportunities that lead to learning, new friendships, connections and collaboration with other organizations and businesses in our community.
And on Big Day of Giving we give our community a chance to engage in working together to improve our library and community right now and for future generations.
How will the funds be used?
In 2020 our focus for funding will go to continued support of library programs, and expanding the bilingual collection for all ages.
One strategy for a successful Big Day of Giving that we know works is to give as early as possible, and then spread the word to encourage others to give.
How can you give?
Give MatchingFunds In Advance
Matching funds are an exciting way to increase the impact of your donation, to encourage others to donate, and promote WFoL’s mission. Matching Donations and Grants can be secured offline before May 7 and used to encourage donations on Big Day of Giving. If you would like to to contribute matching funds, please contact WFoL President, Sally Brown at email@example.com
Schedule Your Donation in Advance
Are you worried about remembering to donate during the 24 hours, or not being in town? Not to worry,
- Starting in mid April 20, you may schedule a donation in advance to be charged in the first hour on May 7 at www.bigdayofgiving.org/wfol
Donate on May 7, 2020:
- Starting at midnight May 7, donate online at bigdayofgiving.org/wfol
- Donate in person at the Winters Community Library from 8am – 8 pm.
Would you like a text reminder?
Sign up now to receive a reminder text message to donate to the Winters Friends of the Library on Big Day of Giving.
Help us win big for Winters!
Did you know that participating in Big Day of Giving is the chance to win prizes and booster dollars?
Each year there are a variety of prizes that donors or the organization can win to help serve our mission.
Examples of prizes from past years are the very first donor at 12 am, hourly random prizes, most donors in a given time frame, most new donors to an organization, most donors overall. Check the official Big Day of Giving website in late April to see what prize categories will be offered for the current year.
Please contact Sonya Godinez, chair of the WFoL Big Day of Giving committee 2020 for more information or how you can participate. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the main website at www.bigdayofgiving.org for general questions about how Big Day of Giving works.
Sign up below for the newsletter to get details about Winters Friends of the Library Big Day of Giving event as they become available.
Thank you for helping us show that though we may be a small volunteer group in a small community that working together we support literacy, our library, and lifelong learning for all members of our community!
Check back for Big Day of Giving events to be scheduled for this year.