Why volunteer with Winters Friends of the Library?
- It feels great to make our library and community stronger and make new friends.
- WFoL is an all-volunteer organization and we need you.
So, how do I get involved?
- Review the list of opportunities below.
- Attend an event, orientation or monthly board meeting.
- Contact us to join a Committee, Program or Workparty Team
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
And, FYI, no experience is necessary, although we do highly value people that follow through on tasks. Also, we frequently share food and drinks at meetings, so we welcome others that want to have fun while we get things done.
Marketing Committee —Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
Spread the word and get marketing and communications experience! Join the Blogger, Social media manager, PR or Newsletter team.
Each person on our team owns a different marketing platform. We all plan the strategy, and then each person implements it. We share a variety of items on our platforms including photos; event announcements; interviews with library lovers, program attendees, and volunteers; articles about storytelling; details of work WFoL is doing in the community; and event recaps. This team is especially important to our annual Big Day of Giving campaign!
Program Committee — Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
- Oversee, plan, and implement WFoL programs and events.
- Coordinate with marketing and membership committees.
- Manage program budget, goals and outcomes, reporting.
- Coordinate Event Teams
Event Teams — Time commitment: varies for specific event.
Ensure that events run smoothly and each audience member has a great experience.
- Greeting the audience/participants
- Collecting money and manage sales
- Organizing refreshments/supplies/displays
- Set-up, clean-up, schlepping items to and fro
Development Committee — Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
Investigates, oversees, plans, and implements all fundraising activities, including:
- Big Day of Giving
- Spring Fruit Tree Sale and Fall Iris Sale
- Booksales, local and online
- Corporate and foundation giving
- Employee matches, in-kind support, and sponsorships
Membership Committee — Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per month
- Coordinate WFoL’s membership program
- Manage membership database and communications
- Plan and implement annual membership drive
- Provide membership information at community events and programs
We hope to see you soon!
Email Volunteer@wfol.org and let us know your interests.
Sign up for our email newsletter to stay in touch!