Volunteer Team Opportunities
Outreach and Volunteer Team — Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per month
- Provide membership and volunteer information at community events and programs
- Help integrate new volunteers and members with opportunities that are a good fit
- Coordinate volunteers for events
Communications Committee —Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
Spread the word and get marketing and communications experience! Join the Blogger, Social media manager, PR or Newsletter team.
We plan the strategy together at twice monthly work sessions. Each person implements the tasks for the area/or social platform they choose to distribute the responsibility. We share a variety of items on our platforms including photos; event announcements; interviews with library lovers, program attendees, and volunteers; articles about storytelling; details of work WFoL is doing in the community; and event recaps. This team is especially important to getting the public to our events and to the success of our annual Big Day of Giving campaign!
Membership Committee — Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per month
- Coordinate WFoL’s membership program
- Manage membership database and communications
- Plan and implement annual membership drive
Program Committees — Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
- Oversee, plan, and implement specific WFoL programs and events.
- Coordinate with communications and membership committees.
- Manage program budget, goals and outcomes, reporting.
- Coordinate Event Teams for specific programs or events
Event Teams — Time commitment: varies for specific event.
Ensure that events run smoothly and each audience member has a great experience.
- Greeting the audience/participants
- Collecting money and manage sales
- Organizing refreshments/supplies/displays
- Set-up, clean-up, schlepping items to and fro
Development Committee — Time Commitment: 4-5 hours per month
Investigates, oversees, plans, and implements all fundraising activities, including:
- Big Day of Giving
- Spring Fruit Tree Sale and Fall Iris Sale
- Booksales, local and online
- Corporate and foundation giving
- Employee matches, in-kind support, and sponsorships
We hope to see you soon!
Email Volunteer@wfol.org and let us know your interests.
Sign up for our email newsletter to stay in touch!