Have you seen them?
You might have to look. See where one can be found. Check out what’s inside.
We are talking about those Little Free Libraries that have appeared in our town. Have you read a good book lately? This is your chance to get started. It’s simple and easy with a motto of “take one, put one back” ensuring there are always good books in the box.
One friend I know was surprised to find a very current book he wanted read in a local box. He took it with him, enjoyed every minute of the read and then took it back to the box for someone else to find. A perfect blend of interest and recycling. It then led him right to our local Winters library to find more books by the same author. It was the start of a great new reading experience.
Did you know that Little Free Libraries is a national movement. As of June 2016, there are over 40,000 registered Little Free Library book exchanges in all 50 U.S. states and over 70 countries around the world.
Winters Friends of the Library (WFoL) now supports 7 little free libraries located around town!
- – two, one tall and one small, in the “Pocket Park” on Main Street near the Pacific Ace Hardware store
- one on the porch of the Clayground on East Main St.
- one along the footpath by the Community Garden near Putah Creek
- one in Yolo Housing, by the office
- one on the corner of Main and Grant, across from the firehouse
- one on East Baker near the Winters Apartments
Little Free Libraries are so fun often individuals will start their own. We know of three other Little Free libraries in our town that we can’t take credit for. You will find them:
- on the corner of Edwards and Emery near the entrance to the TreeHouse
- on Russel Street at the entrance to Liwai Village Court
- on Hemenway Street across from the High School football field.
WFoL welcomes your support of our free libraries and is in need of books to stock the little libraries as well as to fill our in library bookstore with great reads.
Do you have books to share? Get in touch with us at Volunteer@wfol.org or visit one of the little libraries.